Belton MO Podiatrists Share The Top Five Ways To Get Ready For Spring:
- Wearing a more supportive sandal such as Vionic , Keen or Croc that is approved by Belton podiatrists will provide more comfort and support than a traditional flip flop.
- If your heels become dry, rough and cracked using a pumice stone and a urea based cream like Carmol 20 or Revitaderm (which is available in the office) will help keep your heels smooth. Use a pumice stone after a shower and apply the cream daily. If dryness persist, contact your podiatrists in Belton for further recommendations.
- Do your feet get sweaty in the summer? Are your kids feet stinky? Applying Certain Dry after a shower daily will help, Certain Dry is an over the counter antiperspirant. That reduces sweating and odor. Using a synthetic sock with moisture wicking properties keeps your feet dry
- Are your toenails discolored from your polish? Make a paste of baking soda and water and scrubbing the nail bed will improve the appearance.
- Belton MO podiatrists remind patients to remember to replace your athletic shoes after a year of use. The soles won’t be worn out but the cushioning material will be. Check the list of shoes on our website.
The information provided in this article is not meant to be medical advice and is for educational purposes only. If you would like to learn more about this and other topics related to podiatry, feel free to contact Bondi & Bondi, DPM, with our convenient podiatry office located in Belton MO, by clicking here or by calling 816.525.4778.